This project is read-only.

Assembly didn't load properly

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM
I added my reference to the weather API and built against VS2008 with .NET 3.5 as the target framework and the web page displays a runtime reference error to the API.  I have full admin rights and I even moved the dll to the project folder.  Is VS2K8 with .NET 3.5 supported for the assembly???

Results:

Could not load file or assembly 'Animaonline_Weather_API' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
LOG: DisplayName = Animaonline_Weather_API
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Applications/Spikes/WeatherModuleSolution/WeatherModuleWebUI/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Applications\Spikes\WeatherModuleSolution\WeatherModuleWebUI\bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Applications\Spikes\WeatherModuleSolution\WeatherModuleWebUI\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET Files/weathermodulewebui/f121a553/b008f73b/Animaonline_Weather_API.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET Files/weathermodulewebui/f121a553/b008f73b/Animaonline_Weather_API/Animaonline_Weather_API.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Applications/Spikes/WeatherModuleSolution/WeatherModuleWebUI/bin/Animaonline_Weather_API.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: NAME
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

Sep 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I had a similar problem and found that I had to remove the underscores from the dll name before adding it as a reference.